According to a recent study by Gartner, 46% of digital workers struggle to find the information they need to carry out their jobs. In a world where infobesity continues to steal our valuable time, it’s high time to take the power back, organize resources, and stay productive.
You could be an academician, working in the digital field, or someone who uses the internet to nurture their hobby—the information overload is real for everyone. You bookmark a blog post to read later, but by the time you try to get back to it, it’s lost in the sea of resources you have saved on your device.
If you hate spending an awful amount of time scurrying through your bookmarks to find that one particular item you need at the moment, maybe it’s time to switch to a smart bookmark manager.
How to Organize Bookmarks on Chrome?
On Chrome, you can bookmark a web page by selecting the star ( Star ) icon located at the top right of the address bar. When you want to access your bookmarks, open the browser and click on the three dots ( three dots ) on the right side of the address bar > click on Bookmarks > Show Bookmarks Bar.
Once you have saved multiple pages you’d like to visit later, it’s time to organize them. You can organize your bookmarks in two ways—by moving them into folders, or by sorting them.
Steps for moving bookmarks into folders on Chrome:
1.Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
2. Select the three-dot icon on the right side of the address bar > click on Bookmarks > click on Bookmark Manager.
3. Select the three-dot icon on the right side at the top > click on Add New Folder.
Steps for sorting bookmarks on Chrome:
1.Open the Chrome browser on your computer.
2. Select the side panel on the top right > click on the down arrow > click on ‘Bookmarks’.
3. Select the organize icon
4. Now you can sort your bookmarks by newest, oldest, last opened, or alphabetically.
Challenges people usually face when using Bookmarks on Chrome
Some common issues users face with Chrome are accidentally deleting bookmarks and being unable to retrieve them, difficulty in organizing a large number of bookmarks effectively, syncing between devices, and not-so-streamlined importing.
CurateIt Chrome bookmark manager can help you stay more organized with your bookmarks. Be it an article, image, PDF, code snippet, or tweet, you can save any resource of your choice, and access them quickly using Spotlight Universal Search or Smart Search Assistant. This easy-to-manage bookmark Chrome extension also allows you to connect with platforms like Whatsapp, ensuring seamless shareability
How to Organize Bookmarks on Firefox?
On Firefox, you can bookmark a particular page by clicking on the star icon at the right side of the address bar.
To organize these bookmarks, you can either put them into separate folders or sort them according to your preference.
Steps for moving bookmarks into folders on Firefox:
You can create new folders in the Bookmarks Toolbar folder, the Bookmarks Menu folder, or the Other Bookmarks folder, and move your desired bookmarks there.
1.Click on Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks.
2. The Library will appear on the screen in a new window containing all the bookmarks you have saved. Choose a location to create the folder.
3. Click on Organize > New Folder.
4. Add a name and description to the dialog box. Click on Add. You’ve successfully created a new folder.
5. To move a bookmark into the newly created folder, simply click on the bookmark (from the Library) and drag it into the folder.
Steps for sorting bookmarks on Firefox:
1.Click on the menu button > Bookmarks > Manage Bookmarks.
2. Right click on the folder you wish to sort > Sort By Name.
Challenges people usually face when using Bookmarks on Firefox
Creating folders for bookmarks is a tedious process on Firefox. It’s unnecessarily complex, takes a lot of time, and the user interface is also not the best. The sorting function is also quite limiting, which can be a problem when you’re dealing with heaps of bookmarks.
CurateIt’s AI-driven smart bookmark manager integrates with your browser, turning every bookmark into a productivity powerhouse. Additionally, you also get tailored suggestions based on your browsing habits, making your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Best Practices to Organize Bookmarks for all Browsers
Want to make your bookmarks more neat and organized? Here are some tips to help you out.
Tag your bookmarks
When you have tons of bookmarks saved in your browser, it’s time to add tags to them for easy access. For instance, if you’re a content manager, your bookmarks would consist of web pages from different genres — thought leadership articles, case studies, video interviews, social media content, and so on. Make folders for each type of resource you want to save, add tags, and save your bookmarks in those folders. This way you will quickly find what you’re looking for, without wasting any time.
Use nicknames or favicons
If there are some bookmarks you access frequently, you can organize them by assigning favicons or short, recognizable nicknames. When you’re in a hurry and looking for a particular bookmark, these visual or textual cues will come in handy. In case you wish to fit in more icons on the bookmarks bar, simply delete the name field, and you’ll be left with only the favicon.
Delete bookmarks you're not using
Regularly review your bookmarks and delete the ones that are no longer relevant. Over time, web pages can get redirected, become outdated or unavailable, or you may save duplicate links by mistake, so it’s necessary to remove those dead links from your bookmark list. When the bookmarks are clutter-free, you can access important resources you have saved in your browser in a jiffy.
CurateIt: The Bookmark Manager You Need
CurateIt is like the Swiss army knife for your online productivity. With features designed for maximum productivity and efficiency, CurateIT offers a dynamic range of tools.
- Highlight feature allows you to pinpoint crucial information effortlessly, while the
- Tabs Manager streamlines your browsing experience, ensuring easy access to your saved tabs.
- Annotations provide a personalized touch, allowing you to add insights directly to web content.
- The Text Expander feature is a game-changer for efficiency, enabling quick expansion of frequently used phrases.
- Readers Mode enhances your reading experience, providing a focused, distraction-free environment.
- Spotlight Search ensures quick access to your curated content.
- Citations simplify research processes, making it a haven for researchers.
- Listen to Articles converts content into audio format for convenient multitasking.
- Lastly, the option to create Private, Public, and Embedded collections adds a layer of versatility, making CurateIT a comprehensive solution for all your digital curation needs.