How to Come Up With a Business Name
Curateit definitely has a nice ring to it. The journey to this name was a long one for sure with its roller coaster ride. Even though things might change in future but a lot does depend on the name too.
Find a business name for your startup — curateit.com
Table of Content:
Picking a domain name
Here are few of the things I considered when coming up with the name
- Has to be small enough to remember it
- Ideally, an existing word or combination so people don’t have to learn new words and is easy to remember
- Ideally can be used in sentences like ‘google it’ or ‘uber it’
- The harder part is the domain being available (ideally for cheap) especially the ‘.com’ domain.
- Finally, you have to decide which other domains you want to buy along with it in case you plan to grow in a specific niche or country
- Also, username is available on all social media platforms
Curationtribe.com , Curationclan.com ,Gemcurate.com, Curatedshelf.com, Curationshelf.com, curatenation.com, Gemling.com, Huntovo.com, huntona.com, mojohunter, Curatior.com, Curatedgems.io
Curationboard.com — I actually bought this domain but after a week the name felt too long even though the name conveyed the message very well. So if you want this domain along with all social media usernames. Contact me!
I would suggest checking my previous blog where I go into detail about what Curateit platform aims to be.
Essentially Curateit ticked all the boxes I was looking for what it does is an obvious, small name, that could be used as a verb, and has a nice ring to it. So even though it was a bit pricey I went for it. However, based on the name if you have guessed what the platform is about that it was worth it!
I would be really keen to know your feedback on the name please share that in the comment section below.