How often do you find yourself overwhelmed by the sheer volume of information available online?
In a world buzzing with tweets, reels, posts, articles, and videos, staying on top of the latest and greatest can feel like trying to catch a waterfall in a teacup.
When it comes to content curation tools today, the options are not just in the hundreds; we're talking thousands, and who knows, maybe even a million by the time you're reading this.
So, what does this abundance mean for you – whether you're a creator, business owner, or someone on the lookout for a content curation tool?
It means you're swimming in a sea of choices, and let's be honest, it can be a tad overwhelming.
But wait — you're not alone.
As a team dedicated to making your productivity on the web easier, we've reviewed a multitude of apps ourselves!
We understand that it's not just about finding a content curation tool; it's about discovering a comprehensive tool that streamlines your workload, offers intuitive features, and transforms content curation from a daunting task into a seamless experience.
For starters, we came across multiple discussions of content creators or business owners looking for free content curation tools that come with good features and tools.
That's why, in this blog post, we've personally delved into and reviewed the best eight Content Curation Apps currently available in the market.
By the time you finish reading, we're confident that your worries about content curation will be left behind. Seriously.
- Content curation in 2024—What’s in store
- Curation in digital marketing
- AI makes content curation streamlined
- Real-time curation
- User-centric approach
- What are the top content curation apps 2024?
- 1. CurateIt
- 2. UpContent
- 3. Scoop.it
- 4. Flockler
- 5. Pocket
- 6. Feedly
- 7. Quuu
- 8. Flipboard
- Bonus content: What are two best practices for curating the best content?
- Why is CurateIt the best app for content curation in 2024?
- Why use a content curation tool?
- What are the benefits of content curation?
- What are the 3 pillars of content curation?
- How do I start content curation?
Content curation in 2024—What’s in store
Before we dive into the list, let's have a quick look at the present state of content curation.
Curation in digital marketing
Integrating content curation into your digital marketing strategy will help you establish brand authority, provide valuable resources to your audience, and build meaningful connections with fellow industry leaders as well as your prospects.
AI makes content curation streamlined
According to Influencer Marketing Hub’s report, 44.4% of marketers already use AI for producing content. With AI content curation tools, you can streamline the tedious process of curating large amounts of content and sort through them to find the most valuable ones.
Staying up-to-date with your industry is a must in the era of social media. When it's time to hop on an ongoing trend or share insights on a recent event, you need content curation. Researching, developing, and producing original content takes time, so content curation comes in handy when you have to generate content in real time.
In 2024, the secret to mastering the art of content curation is to adopt a user-centric approach. Whenever you're sourcing or developing content, keep the end user in mind—what do they like to read? Which resources do they find valuable? What are their pain points? Keeping these key factors in mind will help you curate content that engages your audience. A powerful content curation app can help you get this right.
What are the top content curation apps 2024?
The Swiss Army knife of content curation, CurateIt is an AI-powered tool that helps you save and organize all of your favorite internet resources in one place. It's also the most feature-packed free content curation tool you can find in 2024.
Whether it's a web page, PDF, image, code snippet, tweet, or YouTube video, you can save any media of your choice using this Chrome extension, retrieve them quickly, and share them with your network/audience/team members.
All you have to do is download the extension from the Chrome Web Store, and you're good to go!
- Seamless multimedia bookmark manager with intuitive tagging—curate images, files, audio, video, and even social media feeds
- Group bookmarks by collections, add highlights, annotate, and share
- Universal search feature
- Search, move, and save your curated tabs into collections and share with your audience
Because of its robust offerings, CurateIt has a slight learning curve.
The app is available for free for a limited period.
UpContent leverages machine learning algorithms to find reliable third-party content relevant to your business and share it with your audience to build credibility and drive revenue.
UpContent’s proprietary crawler not only analyzes the curated content but also classifies the resources as either blog or news. It hides promotional content to keep your resources organic and value-packed.
You can use automation as much or as little as you prefer and set up rules for hands-free content curation.
- Crawls the web to discover relevant articles
- Integrates with all major content marketing tools
- Offers AI-powered content curation to save time
- Enables team members to collaborate in the content curation process
- Setting up the tool requires a certain level of technical expertise
- The user interface makes it difficult to go back and forth between topics
Starts from $49/month.
This content curation platform comes with a simple Pinterest-like interface, allowing you to discover relevant topics, save them, and share them on social media.
With Scoop.it, you can share curated content privately with your team, build a private content hub, create internal email newsletters, and automate the overall process of content monitoring.
The software also allows you to create customized newsletters using curated content, which you can distribute using an email solution of your choice.
- Sources credible content by sifting through a wide range of materials
- Allows you to share the curated content on websites, blogs, emails, and social media
- Allows you to create web pages using the curated content
- Templates available for newsletters
- The UI can feel complex for beginners; has a learning curve
Starts from $0 for the free plan.
Designed for marketers, this content curation app helps you curate social media posts from various channels and display them on your website.
Using Flockler, you can run user-generated content campaigns for your brand, post testimonials on your e-commerce site, and display social media feeds on a big screen during events. You have to set up rules to make sure you are in control of the content being displayed.
The primary idea behind this content curation software is to increase the amount of time users spend on your website, promote engagement, and build brand credibility with social proof.
- The platform allows you to curate posts from Instagram, X, and Facebook on any digital service
- Select hashtags, usernames, and pages and display content on any digital service
- Hide inappropriate content
- Transform your user-generated content into shoppable galleries
None found so far.
Starts from $25/month.
This one is one of the most promising free content curation tools you can get your hands on. When you’re browsing on the web and come across an interesting piece of content, you can save it using Pocket for future reference.
You can customize the font styles and text sizes to make the content more readable, highlight important sections, and listen to articles on the go.
If you’re just getting started with your content curation journey, Pocket would be a great tool to try out.
- Discover the latest content based on your interests
- Build a collection of your curated content
- Search within the saved content to quickly find what you’re looking for
- Works on both mobile and desktop
- The process of integration with third-party applications isn't too smooth
Starts from $0 for the free version.
Feedly is an AI content curation tool that filters relevant insights from news sites, newsletters, and blog posts.
Train Feedly AI to discover tailored content for you, and you will get resources that truly resonate with you. Share the insights with your team and speed up your content development process.
Feedly is available for iOS, Android, and the web.
- You can add notes and highlight important parts
- You can customize fonts
- Utilize ‘Power Search’ to find what you’re looking for
- Share content on LinkedIn, Buffer, or Zapier
- You need a subscription to Pro+ or higher plans to get AI feeds.
Starts from $6/month.
Quuu is another content curation app that can take your content game to new heights. The platform offers expert-crafted content based on your and your audience’s interests.
It integrates with Buffer, Hootsuite, HubSpot, Social Bee, and many other apps, so you can effortlessly find and share curated content on your social media.
The platform comes with a ‘discover’ feature so you can explore content from any category of your choice, in multiple languages.
- The content library consists of a variety of materials including articles, blogs, quotes, and news stories
- Quuu’s algorithm understands your social media presence and tailors content to appeal to your audience
- The app integrates with popular social media scheduling platforms
- You can automate your posts simply by scheduling your posts and choosing specific content categories
- You cannot niche down to specifics within an industry while sifting through content
Starts from $5/month.
Available in both mobile and web versions, Flipboard is designed in the form of a social magazine.
With this content curation app, you can save blogs, web pages, and news that you like, and create small magazines out of them. You could also include blogs from your own website to promote your business. If you want others to discover your content, make the magazines accessible to the public.
In the same way, you can discover what other people are saving and sharing, across various topics, simply by scrolling through the app.
- Visually appealing and easy-to-use interface
- Displays content based on your preferences
- Integrates with social channels so you can share the curated content directly with your audience/network
- You can organize the magazines or your curated content based on specific topics
- The platform is heavy on visuals, which may not be everyone's cup of tea
- There is a big chunk of sponsored content and ads
Flipboard is a free platform.
Bonus content: What are two best practices for curating the best content?
A content curation app will streamline the process of discovering and sharing content, but to ensure that the curated materials are creating an impact, follow these best practices.
- Define your audience: You could be doing an excellent job at content curation, but none of it would drive engagement if your audience doesn't resonate with the shared content. So it's important to dive deep and wholeheartedly understand your target audience to keep the content as tailored as possible.
Add context and insight:
When you share curated content, make sure to add your own insights showcasing your unique perspective and why you find it relevant. This will furnish your expertise, establish you as a thought leader in your industry, and most importantly, give your brand a human touch.
Why is CurateIt the best app for content curation in 2024?
After evaluating the apps based on their ease of use, features, and functions, it’s safe to say that CurateIt emerges as the best app for content curation in 2024.
Why? Let’s have a look:
- CurateIt is super simple to get started with. Download the Chrome extension and you’re all set
- Highlight and annotate content as required
- Turn on Reader Mode to enhance your reading experience
- Full-text search capabilities
- Curate public collections to share with your network
- Save 20+ types of media including web page URLs, pdf, images, and code snippets
- Back up insights from Twitter, LinkedIn, and Reddit
- Suitable for busy professionals looking to streamline their content curation process.
While there are a ton of great content curation apps available in the market, it’s important to pick one that meets your requirements and is easy to use for you and your team.
Use the free content curation tools or basic versions of the applications for a few days to understand them better, collaborate with your team, and go ahead with the app that you find the most helpful.
Have more questions? Get the answers here.
Why use a content curation tool?
You need a content curation tool to organize information and set up a streamlined process to discover and share relevant content. The tools make the curation process more efficient by aggregating resources based on your requirements and maintaining the quality and consistency of content.
What are the benefits of content curation?
With strategic content curation, you can provide value to your audience, build credibility for your brand, and establish yourself as a thought leader who knows the industry inside out.
What are the 3 pillars of content curation?
Strategy, creativity, and promotion are the three pillars of successful content curation.
How do I start content curation?
Here’s a brief roadmap to get started with content curation:
- Know what your audience wants
- Hop into any of the AI content curation tools
- Discover materials from credible sources
- Add your own inputs
- Share with your audience on your social channels.